It’s not often I encounter a piece of data journalism which solves a common problem in the field – and it’s even rarer to find a piece of work which tackles two.
But that’s just what lean data journalism Ampp3d did last week when it published a piece of visualisation on the deaths of construction workers in Qatar.
The two problems? Creating impact on mobile – and making big numbers meaningful. Continue reading
If you’re interested in data visualisation I’m delivering a training course on November 7 with the excellent Caroline Beavon. Here’s what we’re covering:
- Pick the right chart for your story – against a deadline
- Mapping tricks and techniques: using Fusion Tables and other tools to map Olympic torchbearers
- Picking the right data to visualise
- Visualisation tips for free chart tools
- Avoiding common visualisation mistakes
- Create an infographic with Tableau and Illustrator
- Making data interactive
More details here. Places can be booked here.