[Keyword: journalism, online journalism, citizen journalism, blogging]. Poynter gives a summary of Vincent Maher’s guide to better blogging:
- A blog entry is a stub for conversation.
- Think about the perspectives of your audience.
- Write tight headlines that encourage interest.
- Make points or lists and make them scan-friendly.
- Link to the context.
- Quote indirectly and link.
- Format long documents for print.
- Never delete anything.
- Troll the blogosphere for secondary conversation.
- Be active in your own conversations.
- Create buzz everywhere.
Save this story on del.icio.us / Digg this story