I’m organising an election hackday at the BBC in Birmingham on Monday April 27.
The event will involve journalists from the BBC and other news websites in the Midlands – but more importantly it’s open to anyone who wants to get stuck into data related to the key issues this election.
If you want to sign up to take part you can do so here. That page also includes details on times and location.
Some more details:
- We’ll be particularly looking at issues affecting young people, and those affecting female voters.
- But immigration, welfare and employment, the NHS, the economy, rural issues, the environment and anything else are all options too.
- Some teams will focus on stories, spending some of the day turning the leads they find in the data into stories with quotes and other elements.
- Some teams will be focused on tools: from interactive maps to resources to make it easier for journalists to fact-check claims made by candidates.
- If you can’t make the whole day but want to contribute something, let me know and we’ll see what we can do.