Telegraph to begin online and print convergence

[Keyword: ]. So reports Journalism.co.uk:

“Inspired by visits to converged newsroom initiatives in the US, new online city editor Philip Aldrick will be leading a drive to provide early morning, breaking-markets news like a wire service, increasing the amount of content unique to the website.

“Currently around 90 per cent of content from the newspaper is reproduced online; the remaining 10 per cent is unique to the site.

USA Today and the New York Times both announced plans last year to converge their online and offline publications. NYTimes said the company was ready to ‘raise digital journalism to the next level’.”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.