A conversation on Anchor recently threw up this useful tip from Christian Payne (aka Documentally) – which I’ve also converted into the video above. Voice Record Pro is a free mobile phone app with some impressive features, particularly around exporting audio. One way that can be used is to quickly convert audio recorded on your phone into Twitter-savvy short videos.
This is the process which Christian outlines in step-by-step format:
- Record and edit your (short) audio using the app.
- Tap the photo box (camera icon, upper left in the image shown here) next to your audio to add an image.
- It’s a good idea to give it a meaningful name as well (tap on the file name under the file size details at the top), as this can be used in the image you end up with.
- Choose the Save in Photo Album option. You can then choose from various templates which include the file name and date etc.
- The resulting file is an MP4: essentially a video where your audio plays against a still image. You can now upload this to social media from your phone – providing it’s under 30 seconds of course.
- The results can be seen in Documentally’s tweet below.
Do you have any other tips for getting audio on social media? Let me know in the comments or @paulbradshaw