If you’re interested in doing data journalism in or about Scotland there’s a post over on the Help Me Investigate blog rounding up a number of useful sources (I collected them as part of some two-day data journalism training sessions I have been delivering within a Scottish newspaper publisher).
If you just want a list they include:
- The Scottish Government Statistics page
- The General Register Office for Scotland statistics
- Data.gov.uk datasets mentioning ‘Scotland’.
- Information Services Division Scotland
- Scottish Health Survey
- Inpatient Patient Experience Survey
- Education Scotland school reports and publications
- Scottish Schools Online portal.
- Scottish Environment Statistics Online
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency data.
- Scottish Natural Heritage statistics and reports.
- Audit Scotland performance data on the fire and rescue services.
- Judiciary of Scotland judicial expenses and judgments and sentences
- Audit Scotland’s Council performance pages
- MPs’ allowances on the Scottish Parliament website.